Corporate Fitness Works - Enjoyable Experience... Growth Potential Exists | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Corporate Fitness Works

"Enjoyable Experience... Growth Potential Exists"

Current Employee - Center Director in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Center Director in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Corporate Fitness Works full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with Members/Clients
Flexibility with Schedule
Family Comes First Attitude
Presidents Willing to Work with Team Members
Work Hours
Regional Team Members

Cons

Opportunity for Regional Director Position is Limited
Salary Could be Higher
Better Health Benefits for the Cost

Advice to Management

Continue to Grow and develop a Regional Director position in each region. The RD should not be from 8+ hours away.

Other Employee Reviews for Corporate Fitness Works

1. "Good for resume title only."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Corporate Fitness Works full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Members are good for the most part. You can also meet a few good colleagues while you're there.

Cons

Upper management is not truthful with their employees. A lot of office politics and there is blatant favoritism with some of the more terrible employees. As far as I can understand, if you're terrible at health and wellness, you'll do great here. If you actually are smart, have prospects, and are a leader -- you will be treated poorly and you will leave to find something better in record time. If you NEED a job, this one is good for building your resume. If you want an environment change -- RUN. No room for advancement, no raises (not even cost of living), nothing beneficial other than having a job and getting paid vacation from day one.

Advice to Management

Start being leaders, stop being idiotic sheep.

2. "Worst employer ever!!!!!"

Former Employee - Fitness Director in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Fitness Director in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

The only thing that made it worth going to work every day were the members at the facility. They were absolutely incredible and I established some great friendships while I was there.

Cons

My former boss was usually unavailable for any assistance. I was also terminated due to falsified performance appraisals. The regional manager, if you want to call her that since she has a whopping 2 clubs to over see, was very self involved. I received constant criticism about me not paying enough attention to my staff but where was my boss when it came time for me to receive some encouragement. She rarely had a kind or encouraging word to say and probably had the most over inflated ego of anybody I have ever met.

Advice to Management

Stick by the mission statement of encouraging open candid communication. I never truly felt safe placing criticism on my direct supervisor for fear of retaliation.