Corrections Corporation of America - Not worth it | Glassdoor
  1. "Not worth it"

Current Employee - Correctional Officer

I have been working at Corrections Corporation of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good coworkers, the occasional good captain

Cons

Pay, hours, lack of respect, lack of support

Advice to Management

Treat your COs like you treat your captains and LTS. Don't expect your COs to work 19 hour days and be back in 3 hours later for their shift.

Corrections Corporation of America2019-10-14
  1. "Teacher"

I worked at Corrections Corporation of America full-time

Pros

Great supervisors and staff. I enjoyed working there.

Cons

None. I don't have anything negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Corrections Corporation of America2018-11-04
  2. "Fun, lowpaying job"

Former Employee - Academic Teacher in Fort Gadsden, FL

I worked at Corrections Corporation of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good atmosphere, 401K but it doesn’t compare to the state retirement plan teachers get working for the county or the state. If you need money, it’s a job but I wouldn’t make a career of it if one wants to financially get ahead in life

Cons

The pay. I started off at 22,000 a year as a certified academic teacher working 12 months out of the year.. County teachers starting pay was 10K above that for only working 9 months out of the year and not with felons behind bars. State Corrections teacher pay was also higher plus retirement benefits. After paying rent and other living expenses, I barely had money for groceries. Their income put me in the working... class of poverty. Plus, locations are so remote, one has the expense of commuting daily to the prison. I believe the starting pay was raised to 27,000, hopefully higher now.

Advice to Management

Better pay. Offer to cover college courses for teachers like the state does(6 credits per semester) since teachers must have continuing edu action to maintain certification.

Corrections Corporation of America2018-12-13

Discover more reviews about Corrections Corporation of America.