Cost Plus - Crazy, Fun, Disorganized, Unprofessional | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cost Plus

"Crazy, Fun, Disorganized, Unprofessional"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Cost Plus part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is an upbeat and fun place to work, and employees tend to love the store and get into the products.

Cons

Management is unprofessional and tends to spend to much time in the office and not enough time doing work. The schedule is made poorly, with consistently poor staffing. Policies are inconsistent, and the message to employees about expectations and store policies is always shifting and unclear. Expectations and incentives for world market explorer metrics are ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Focus on making better POS signage and reducing confusion. Understand that people are easily confused and misled, and adjust advertisements in mailers and on signage in the store accordingly. Also, make consistent policies and ensure all stores walk the same line, on things like price modifications. Also, focus on enhancing what makes the store unique and great and don't become a generic box store.

Other Employee Reviews for Cost Plus

"A strict and hard working environment."

I have been working at Cost Plus part-time

Pros

Decent pay, constant diversity in daily work. Fun and friendly similar level employees, and constantly changing stock.

Cons

-WME program, is way too enforced. My hours depended on how well I did and if I didn't sign enough people up I was threatened to be fired.
    -Back warehouse dangerous and furniture precariously stacked
    -Hours changed wildly week to week often dipping below ten for those that really needed the hours in favor of training new employees.

"If you like to be treated like a working mule."

Pros

nice music? air conditioned? indoors?

Cons

Hyped up as a company being about "having fun" yet is actually the opposite. Supervisors rude and aggressive towards employees. Lots of "urgency" in lifting heavy boxes and fragile items. Mixed messages about dealing with customer service. I guess with will see how this new store turns out. Saw employees treated unfairly due to age or physical and mental capabilities.