KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee

Service Deli Assistant (Rotisserie)

Mar 23, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed above average compensation while working for Costco, and a free membership.

Cons

Duties assigned to the deli closer position were beyond reasonable expectations for a single person. As the closer, I cleaned up the deli room from the morning crew's usage prior to my arrival and during my working hours, prepare and cook sufficient rotisserie chickens for members, and clean up the rotisserie areas of the deli and meat department. The standards of cleanliness were nearly impossible to be met by a one worker assigned to do all of these tasks. Moreover, the morning crew would only extremely rarely make an effort to help keep things maintained and cleaned throughout the day, leaving a huge mess that could be painstaking to deal with on an especially busy night (for chicken sales). Furthermore, choosing the right amount of chicken to prepare was almost purely guesswork, which potentially added more time onto the amount of work to do because of the time to harvest, and the wasted time preparing the chicken and cleaning up the mess. Ultimately, the worst part about working in the Costco Service Deli was dealing with the absolute lack of consideration and cooperation from my coworkers who could have cared less about what I would walk into, but who also demanded perfection upon their arrival in the morning. This could only possibly be matched by the unreasonable expectations of the management, inside and outside of the deli, to sufficiently clean all required areas to par, alone. I absolutely recommend that the practices and policies of the department change before anyone decides that it is a good idea to enter this position.

3 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Intern

Good

Jan 22, 2022 - Front End Worker in Westbury, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Was a great time there

Cons

None that I can think of

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Real Pros and Cons

Oct 25, 2014 - Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very affordable high quality health insurance benefits even for PT employees. Great for working parents who split up child care and need coverage. The key to succeeding at Costco is to work hard, have a good attitude and be nice to people. It's hard work and fasted paced, you have to be down for that to succeed.

Cons

At this warehouse you are required to work 5 days per week, even if you are PT at 24 or so hours. This means lots of 4-5 hour shifts rather than fewer 8 hour shifts which is tough for those who commute a long distance to work or have to cover day care.

Continue reading
    1508 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Costco Wholesale.