Costco Wholesale - I enjoy working for Costco Wholesale and have made a decent living. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Costco Wholesale

"I enjoy working for Costco Wholesale and have made a decent living."

Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Modesto, CA
Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Modesto, CA

Pros

The wages offered at Costco are some of the highest paid in the industry. Our benefits are awesome and bonuses twice a year are fantastic. Time and one half pay on Sunday are great. Paid holidays throughout the year and personal time off are competitive. We most all feel like a huge family.

Cons

Favoritism by managers is a real downfall. Management covers for each other when ethical behavior and compliance issues are raised either by other managers or hourly's. Management does not always follow the guidelines set out in the Employee Agreement Handbook.

Advice to Management

Consistency from management is lacking. Scheduling according to seniority is a real problem. This causes our camaraderie to be negative. Honesty instead of power could help us all.

Other Employee Reviews for Costco Wholesale

"Been with the company for more 20 years"

Current Employee - IT Director in Issaquah, WA
    Current Employee - IT Director in Issaquah, WA

Pros

Great Work Life Balance, Ethical Company Culture, Growing Company, Excellent Employee Benefits, Good Executive Leadership, Constantly trying new things, Entrepreneurial Atmosphere

Cons

IT salaries not competitive. While the business can make decisions quickly, IT division can over analyze and not make up their mind on direction to go.

Advice to Management

Costco should strongly consider hiring an individual with executive experience with modernizing an IT department to mentor current IT executives.

"It was a summer job and they pay well!"

Former Employee - Front End Assistant in Billings, MT
    Former Employee - Front End Assistant in Billings, MT

Pros

Great company morals, pay far better than competing retailers and wholesalers, sell quality products, and treat customers great.

Cons

At my particular warehouse time off seemed to be hard to get, but I was just a summer employee.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!