Costco Wholesale - Fantastic company to work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Costco Wholesale

"Fantastic company to work for!"

Current Employee - Front-end/Cashier Assistant in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Front-end/Cashier Assistant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Costco Wholesale part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Service. Fun people to work with. Never doing the same repetitive tasks. ALways room to grow and improve

Cons

It is still retail. Very traditional dress code (No earrings on guys, all tattoos must be covered, etc). Job hours fluctuate

Other Employee Reviews for Costco Wholesale

"I would like to add to the other reviews"

Current Employee - Cashier, Cashier Assistant Photo Tech in East Hanover, NJ
    Current Employee - Cashier, Cashier Assistant Photo Tech in East Hanover, NJ

I have been working at Costco Wholesale part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Multi cultural lots of friends!

Cons

The pay and befits use to be good. They cut your pay tell because of Oboma tax. You go to doctors and they don't takes the health care anymore. Costco doesn't inform you of any changes at all. It takes over 15 years to become full time. They love to cut hours to save pay rule. Nasty treatment about schedules and time off. Not all but a lot of supervise and managerments are in it for titles ands pay not the heart of helping people! Before Jim retired was a great company. Since, he left there are muppets that work their.
    If you have a problem with management at store hq is no different or better no answers always in dark .

Advice to Management

Respect the people under you we make the store run!

Schedules up in a timely fashion we are not doctors on call. There are good people that are underneath you please give us a chance to move up. Just because you may not get along with us doesn't mean we are bad workers and bad people. If a follow employee comes to you and asks you a question about some thing please take to the office and speake to them straight up and make sure all there questions are answered before they leave. Training would make a big difference in the stores so that everyone has the same case of action. Realize one thing people don't like to accused of stealing at the door.

2. "I have been a Costco employee for 7 years, started like everyone else; carts, assistant, then cashier now supervisor"

Current Employee - F/E Supervisor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - F/E Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Costco Wholesale full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Costco is well known for taking care of their employees. I see this everyday and happy employees will turn and take care of our members, our merchandise and our store. Most managers truly care and want to teach, want people to succeed, they like to promote within. Another great part is all the great people you get to work with . Great pay and benefits.

Cons

Costco is always a fast-paced sometimes hectic environment. You have to be able to handle that to succeed. I have seen people get overwhelmed and it is a physically demanding job, I have seen people go home sore because of the demanding job. Sometimes there isn't enough time to get done all that is required of a supervisor.

Advice to Management

I would like to see managers get more involved, spend more time with employees/supervisors that wish to move up. They need mentors and value everything taught from managers. Mgrs are often busy and forget the role of coaching...