Costco Wholesale - This is a great company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Costco Wholesale

"This is a great company to work for."

I have been working at Costco Wholesale part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay
Great benefits
Easy job
401K
Sick/Personal days

Cons

Management can sometimes get a little too into themselves. I have worked at multiple locations and each has had their fair share of management that are power hungry. Especially the supervisors. They are typically the worse since managment basically looks over their shoulder constantly.

Advice to Management

Promote supervisors who are actually worthy of being the company image. Half of the supervisors I have worked with have their pants sagging, have zero college experience, are "hood"/ "ghetto", and are not very competent.

Other Employee Reviews for Costco Wholesale

"A mostly positive place to work"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Issaquah, WA
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Issaquah, WA

I have been working at Costco Wholesale full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This has been a very supportive environment at a company that consistently gets great reviews by customers and investors. The corporate offices are clean, well maintained and of course, have a warehouse right across the street to browse when your work is caught up or you just need to do some quick shopping.

Every need I've had for my workspace has been honored with few questions. The co-workers are positive for the most part. Training is generous. The compensation, though a little low is adequate. Health benefits are good. Work-life-balance is important to the company and they certainly honor it to the best of their ability.

Just writing this review reminds me how lucky I am to be working at Costco. I know that most are happy working here and Costco pays its warehouse staff much better than the industry standard. Walking through the warehouse, you'll see how many happy workers there are and all are eager to help any one asking for it.

Cons

The biggest one is IT are the only employees not receiving the bonus the rest of the company receives twice a year, from what I understand. Another is it is hard to distinguish between the salary vs hourly mentality. e.g. I've been told I can't take some extra time off because I'm salary even though I worked X amount of hours beyond my scheduled 40/week. At the same time, you need to make up the time if you need to come in late or leave a little early. Not a huge deal.

Advice to Management

Don't micro-manage. That's every company though. Management here, overall are pretty good.

2. "Costco Packaging"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Costco Wholesale full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very good company great pay,good benefits and great working hours

Cons

Poor management. General Manager knows all issues but he wont change nothing. Lower Managers and Supervisors do what ever they want and they wont be replaced or written up, lack of Professionalism, no ethics, Favoritism. Even with training programs like "right side of the line" encouraged by corporate. This is violated all the time by managers and most of the time by Supervisors

Advice to Management

Managers and Supervisors need to be retrained, plus they need to know how to respect people