Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR. UNFAIR TREATMENT OF STAFF.

Aug 10, 2014 - Retail Assistant in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

50% discount. That is all.

Cons

Cotton On Group is the worst company to work for. I worked for Typo for 3 years, which is a brand people seem to differentiate from Cotton On, but they are the same company. I have witnessed myself and so many others been poorly and unfairly treated by managers and senior management. The reasons I left are the following: • Expected to work overtime without pay • Bullied to sell products and belittled when targets are not met • Closing the store alone • We are trained to force items upon customers and trick them into buying products, most often than not you are abused by customers because they see right through the scam • No toilet breaks as you are the only person in the store and regionals wont allow you to close the store to go to the bathroom • Working more than 5 hours without a break • Being alone to work for an entire day with only someone covering a 3 hr shift, expected to serve customers on a busy day and get all tasks done alone • Confidential hotline is not taken seriously and is not anonymous • Fair work rights are not taken seriously and nothing is done about poor treatment of staff • Required to drive around after hours to pick up a store key without pay, because managers refuse to organise a key for your open/close • Hurt my back on a ladder and was forced to work even though I asked to go home, no report was filed and I was left alone in the store • Managers often call in sick and casuals are required to find someone to fill in the shift • All hard work is criticised and then credit is taken by the manager • Casuals work harder than managers, even taking on their jobs • Sending in head office to spy and report back that tasks aren’t completed when you’re the only one working • When asking for help and extending someone’s shift because the workload cant get done alone, even with a wage percentage as low as 7%, they refuse to give you the help you need • Head office, managers and senior managers talk about colleagues behind their backs and I find this highly unprofessional The best advice I can give is not to support a company that treats their staff as disgusting as Cotton Group TYPO. The turnover is so high and I believe this supports that.

Continue reading
    10 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great

Oct 11, 2021 - Project Manager in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great there

Cons

The support isn’t enough for all the workload

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

Sep 17, 2021 - Sales Associate in Montebello, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work at Great employee discount Not too serious environment

Cons

Pay wasn’t that great No holiday pay Few hours given

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Cotton On.