CouchSurfing - Never has my workplace felt so much like home, in a good way. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CouchSurfing

"Never has my workplace felt so much like home, in a good way."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CouchSurfing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastically talented, passionate, and dedicated colleagues that are as much friends as coworkers. Fun yet focused atmosphere in the workplace. Regular social outings with colleagues which we all enjoy. We are aligned in our view of the possibilities and real change we are creating in the world every day; that bond makes work a joy. Lunch and dinner every day by a holistic-health oriented chef. Lots of creative collaboration.

Cons

It's easy to make CouchSurfing your whole life, so we strive to get ourselves out regularly!

Other Employee Reviews for CouchSurfing

"Great Opportunity to Make a Real Impact"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at CouchSurfing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work on a difficult product problem and make a real impact. It's a small team and a small engineering team that moves very quickly. The huge user base let's the company quickly determine what works and what doesn't. Re-tooled technology allows for quick iteration. Super strong core idea that has been under served by the product for years yet continues to grow. Phenomenally awesome food.

Cons

If you don't like hard problems, this is not the place for you. Pressure to monetize has tended to get in the way of actually monetizing in a sensible way.
    If you don't love squash and kale, you are going to eat a lot of pork.

Advice to Management

This can be a real business that continues to make the world a better place, striking the right balance will provide value to the community and to the business. Trying to make it into a unicorn is where others have failed.

"great vision but is it sustainable?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at CouchSurfing (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a wonderful idealistic vision for making the world better by bringing people from different cultures together through travel.

Cons

As far as I know, the company hasn't settled on a plan for generating enough revenue to reach breakeven and keep the company in business long-term.

Advice to Management

Settle on a plan for generating enough revenue to reach breakeven and try to achieve breakeven as soon as possible if you haven't already.