Council on Foundations - RUN AWAY - They can't even balance a budget! | Glassdoor

"RUN AWAY - They can't even balance a budget!"

I worked at Council on Foundations full-time

Pros

Good vacation policy but it comes at a high cost! Terrible leadership, can't balance a budget (the CEO and executives are overpaid and lack basic business experience), and worst part: NO accountability for anything. You can basically get away with murder and they will never figure it out.

Cons

It's hard to pick one single thing but I would probably start with the culture is DEPRESSING! Always problems but never any solutions. The leaderships always points fingers and never take responsibility for anything. Also, who wants to work in a place that will probably close doors soon because they can't figure out how to balance the budget. Here is a hint: stop over paying miserable and useless executives!

Advice to Management

Go away. No one likes you or respects you in the field. Now that I am on the other side, I can see and hear how the sector basically has no respect for the work you do.

Council on Foundations2018-01-25

Other Employee Reviews

"Amazing place to work! Highly recommend."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crystal City, VA

I have been working at Council on Foundations full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredibly entrepreneurial and innovative environment. Very welcoming staff and organizational culture. Leadership is very receptive to new ideas and gives a lot of latitude for creativity and strategic thinking. Forward thinking and supportive CEO.

Cons

I haven't experienced any significant challenges.

Council on Foundations2018-01-18

"Leadership and work atmosphere: Terrible"

I worked at Council on Foundations full-time

Pros

Unlimited Vacations is about the only benefit that stands out

Cons

Leadership was very "Diva" like. Did not provide leadership value nor really direct the organization.

Council on Foundations2019-04-03

Discover more reviews about Council on Foundations.