Counsel On Call - Managed services reviewer | Glassdoor

"Managed services reviewer"

Former Employee - Document Review Attorney in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Document Review Attorney in Nashville, TN

I worked at Counsel On Call full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Caring leadership at MSC in Nashville. Always polite and helpful. Pay rate is better than other agencies for experienced attorneys, $30+ per hour. Congenial atmosphere with snacks, drinks, lunch on Wednesdays, and holiday parties. Nice coworkers who I enjoyed being around. Some oddballs and unpleasant people but they were the exception. We are lawyers after all! Did offer some free CLE. Very flexible with part time, moms, etc once you prove yourself. I think they may now require 35 hours per week. Benefits are after a number of hours accrued.

Cons

Can have weeks between projects and can't count on specific time periods because it may finish early. Some problem/unpleasant reviewers always are working while others aren't.

Not their fault but have learned that Document review is looked down upon by most legal employers if you are trying to go back to salaried employment. My experience, they don't really understand what it entails or even count it as substantive experience. So the longer you do it, it may be looked as unfavorable when you are interviewing.

Advice to Management

Get rid of underperforming/lazy reviewers who have consistently failed so others can have work. Don't separate so much into corporate secondment jobs versus managed services.

Other Employee Reviews for Counsel On Call

1. "ediscovery and general legal work (at client's office or remotely)"

Current Contractor - Attorney in Nashville, TN
    Current Contractor - Attorney in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Counsel On Call as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pleasant co-workers. Up to date technology. A few hours of free CLE are offered each year.

Cons

Not enough projects. There are often long time periods without an assignment. Frequent turnover of "talent managers" causes the need to constantly build new relationships. Their own recruits tend to get the bulk of the assignments.

Advice to Management

Get more clients and more projects! Free lunch on Wednesday at the ediscovery office is a nice touch.

2. "Counsel on Call"

Current Contractor - Contractor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Counsel On Call as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at Counsel on Call are really friendly. The office when you have to go there to do non-remote work like document review is really nice with free parking and stocked with great snacks and drinks. You can work a flexible schedule, with reasonably high pay,and remote work is available.

Cons

Sometimes you can fall through the cracks, I think. So, it's best to stay in touch after the end of an assignment to let them know you want more work.