Counsel On Call - Good place to work. Respectful Management. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Counsel On Call

"Good place to work. Respectful Management."

Pros

Higher compensation. More seasoned Attorneys. Collegial attmosphere.

Cons

Only experienced one exception to the above.

Other Employee Reviews for Counsel On Call

1. "Great Company, Great Experience"

Current Contractor - Contractor in Brentwood, TN
    Current Contractor - Contractor in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Counsel On Call as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Recruiter is knowledgeable, personable, understands my circumstances and type of work I am looking to do, as well as my qualifications, and is diligent in ensuring I have work to do when I am looking for hours.

Cons

Very minimal downsides. I've had a great experience with this company! Because I do not work directly for the company per se, but do contract assignments under them for businesses in the community, my review is based on their diligence in finding the right assignments for me and how that process works, which is as close to perfect as I can imagine.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Thanks for all you do for those of us in the workforce looking for flexibility and variety in our work life.

2. "Exceptionally lengthy and time consuming hiring process, yet very quick and easy process to get canned."

Former Employee - Contractor in Bentonville, AR
    Former Employee - Contractor in Bentonville, AR

I worked at Counsel On Call full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A moderately acceptable paycheck dependent upon assignment. They advertise 45K/year on indeed, the actual number was $16/hr or 32k/yr. Although deceptive, acceptable pay for some people in certain situations.

Cons

I agreed and was hired to work on a contract with Counsel on Call (COC) for a 2 year term. After receiving prior approval in writing from COC to have 3 weeks off in the summer for a prior obligation regarding my masters degree, I believed this opportunity was a good fit for my situation. I have never been so wrong, the contract was with Walmart corporate office , and when I reminded the mid-level manager at Walmart regarding my requests for time off, I was mysteriously fired the next day for "not following process". This lack of communication between my supervisor at COC and clients at Walmart caused me to lose my job while completing my degree and turn down other opportunities during the 2 month hiring process. So be prepared to be a pawn, not a person and be used to fill an open contract. I haven't been fired, ever, in 35 years, especially for not following process and without ever receiving criticism, performance improvement evaluation, or any other feedback. A very sad overall experience.

Advice to Management

If you are going to get approval for an employee to have time off, make sure the client acknowledges and approves beforehand to avoid wasting the employees time.