Countrywide Financial - Working at the Plano office of Countrywide | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Countrywide Financial

"Working at the Plano office of Countrywide"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Plano, TX

Pros

The only reason I would ever want to work at Countrywide again would be the fact that they got bought out by Bank of America. The company name "Bank of America" would be a good stepping stone for people to move into smaller companies with better pay.

Cons

I could go on forever about how terrible this place was. The managers never had any work to do, yet they tried to act like they were really busy. The same went for most of the employees here. We were given lots of "drive around the parking lot" work. I felt like I was becoming dumber every day I went in. The work that we were given was hardly ever challenging. The salary and bonuses were also terrible. I would avoid this place at all costs. Bank of America made a dumb move in acquiring this run down company.

Advice to Management

Cut down the number of VPs and SVPs you have in the company. A 3 to 1 employee to manager ratio is just ridiculous.

Other Employee Reviews for Countrywide Financial

1. "Fast paced but room to advance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Pros

great advancement opportunites and compensation, very collegial workforce, a number of long term employees, pride in the company, growing fast

Cons

very fast paced, never enough staff to do the work needed, seems as if all communications, programs etc were focused on the LCD (i.e. lowest common denominator) employees, short cubicle walls

Advice to Management

to many levels of VPS

2. "The Worst Job I Ever Had!"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Broomall, PA
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Broomall, PA

Pros

Met some nice co-workers that I've remained friends with.

Cons

Worked Holidays and never received doubletime. We were paid hourly. Management would tell you you could take a day off another time to make up for the extra day. It was a payroll nightmare.

Advice to Management

The only people that made money here were people in top management; otherwise, you are used for the most part.