Course Hero - Meritocracy, Open Culture, Smart Team, Hard Work, Vigorous Debate, I Love It | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Course Hero

"Meritocracy, Open Culture, Smart Team, Hard Work, Vigorous Debate, I Love It"

Current Employee - Product in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Product in Redwood City, CA

Pros

- You will be respected and rewarded for success. Hard, smart work pays
- The emphasis is on solving problems with the best solutions the team can come up with.
- Vigorous debate is tough emotionally, but it leads to using the best idea
- It's a meritocracy with a flat hierarchy. There is a conscious effort to not be political.

Cons

- You are expected to work hard. You need to be ready to stay late to fix problems.
- You are working at a startup, and there are always resource constraints.

Other Employee Reviews for Course Hero

"responsibility, visibility and appreciation for good execution is how I would describe the work culture at Course Hero"

Current Employee - Product Team in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Product Team in Redwood City, CA

Pros

- Course Hero's work environment is an ecosystem which breeds innovative thinking and initiative taking.
    - Great ideas are not great until executed well. At Course Hero, the emphasis is always on execution and taking responsibility for what you own.
    - Course Hero gives you an opportunity to fail and learn from it. At most start ups there is very little room for failure. Course Hero on the other hand has encouraged me to take risks, without the fear of failing. This sense of freedom and security has allowed me to contribute far more to the company than I have been able to in my previous jobs.
    - Even though this is a start up, I have still been able to maintain a very good work and personal life balance because projects are well prioritized and planned by senior management. This prevents chaos and sudden changes in plans.

Cons

Slowly running out of space in the current office, so might have to shift to a bigger place.

2. "payment"

Current Employee - Tutor in Nairobi (Kenya)
    Current Employee - Tutor in Nairobi (Kenya)

I have been working at Course Hero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

it is a real company and the payment are made accordingly
    no delay in payment once the agreed payment date is reached.
    thanks

Cons

the payment share for tutor is s low 45 percent wont actually help for some works lets say a client needs 20 pages and single spaced.

Advice to Management

my advice is that the management should work hand in hand with the software engineering team to ensure the questions are p-aid accordingly where the more the work the more the money ...

please 50 dollars as maximum price is not appealing more so for programming jobs
    thanks