Course Hero - Meritocracy, Open Culture, Smart Team, Hard Work, Vigorous Debate, I Love It | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Course Hero

"Meritocracy, Open Culture, Smart Team, Hard Work, Vigorous Debate, I Love It"

Current Employee - Product in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Product in Redwood City, CA

Pros

- You will be respected and rewarded for success. Hard, smart work pays
- The emphasis is on solving problems with the best solutions the team can come up with.
- Vigorous debate is tough emotionally, but it leads to using the best idea
- It's a meritocracy with a flat hierarchy. There is a conscious effort to not be political.

Cons

- You are expected to work hard. You need to be ready to stay late to fix problems.
- You are working at a startup, and there are always resource constraints.

Other Employee Reviews for Course Hero

"responsibility, visibility and appreciation for good execution is how I would describe the work culture at Course Hero"

Current Employee - Product Team in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Product Team in Redwood City, CA

Pros

- Course Hero's work environment is an ecosystem which breeds innovative thinking and initiative taking.
    - Great ideas are not great until executed well. At Course Hero, the emphasis is always on execution and taking responsibility for what you own.
    - Course Hero gives you an opportunity to fail and learn from it. At most start ups there is very little room for failure. Course Hero on the other hand has encouraged me to take risks, without the fear of failing. This sense of freedom and security has allowed me to contribute far more to the company than I have been able to in my previous jobs.
    - Even though this is a start up, I have still been able to maintain a very good work and personal life balance because projects are well prioritized and planned by senior management. This prevents chaos and sudden changes in plans.

Cons

Slowly running out of space in the current office, so might have to shift to a bigger place.

2. "Be the best tutor, only to get kicked from the site."

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

They can give you work.

Cons

They motivate you to give better answers, work hard, and finally reach a level where they pay 50% of what students pay them, and then they kick you out.

Advice to Management

Please shut down your website.