Covad Communications Group - Covad- a company in transition, lots of good on the horizon | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Covad Communications Group

"Covad- a company in transition, lots of good on the horizon"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Denver, CO

Pros

Generally Covad is a pretty great place to work. There's definitely a no-jerks policy, and if you ever start acting like one yourself, you'll be immediately reprimanded. Wonderful benefits, and the corporate HR people and processes work well. The takeover by Platinum has brought about some changes, nothing too dramatic. I definitely think the new management team is heading the company in the right direction, and I am looking forward to the MPLS rollout next year. The top technical people at Covad are cool, never condescending and always willing to help you out. Management is generally pretty down-to-earth, and the supervisors are all well-liked. If you like a challenge and meeting a quota of taking calls and working tickets, this is the job for you.

Cons

Ah, the biggest problem is the incessant micromanagement that gets pawned off on the supervisors by some of the management. Time management down to the minute is incredibly annoying. I realize we work in a quasi-call center environment, but we're all pretty smart people, which is why we work @ Covad, not Comcast. The location in Lowry is kind of a pain in the neck to get to. The Denver center also desperately needs new PC's.

Advice to Management

Pat and Co- keep it up! We're all behind you 100%. We all want to see this thing succeed, and with the Platinum money and the management team I think we'll kick some butt. We're moving in the right direction, and you guys keep us energized to come in and do our best.

Other Employee Reviews for Covad Communications Group

1. "Covad HTMT now HGS @006-07"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at Covad Communications Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lovely management.. Care for their employees. back then

Cons

dont really remember anything particular.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

2. "Job"

Pros

Flexible, good when the work is there

Cons

Growth, it can be stagnant with the economy

Advice to Management

Keep selling!