Covance - Research Associate | Glassdoor

"Research Associate"

I worked at Covance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

provided structure and results for clients

Cons

Office politics can get distracting when dealing with different departments

Other Employee Reviews for Covance

"My experience was a good one but I would have taken more advantage of different opportunities within the company."

Pros

You have the opportunity to learn many different things.

Cons

There is a big communication barrier.

"Dont do it if you want to hate your life."

Current Employee - Study Technician in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Study Technician in Madison, WI

I have been working at Covance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part of the job is the benefits. I make good money and have 21 days of PTO a year, along with getting health benefits from day 1, which a lot of places dont do. Aside from that, there isnt much I like about my job. There is a lot of chances for moving around, shadowing different departments or transferring. Even some "bubble" assignments where you can go work at a different site for a short amount of time. I also LOVED my supervisor, but she was pretty much the best one in the department, I got lucky with her.

Cons

If you are a study tech, expect to work about 60 hours a week, 50 if its "slower" Once you get out of training it really starts getting bad. Large animal means being physically exhausted all the time. I would work, come home, eat, sleep, and then do it all over again. It takes the life out of you so fast! Very stressful, they expect you to run your own studies, along with trying to figure out whats going on in other ones you are scheduled in. There are some really good techs, but there are a lot of not so great ones that you have to make up for. There is a really high turnover rate for techs too. The people aren't the best. Its like high school all over again, lots of clichy-ness, lots of people talk about each other behind their backs.

Advice to Management

Get more study techs!!!! Over working us is not a great way to keep your employees. The "new normal" isn't that great.