Covenant Transportation - Insights into Covenant Transport. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Covenant Transportation

"Insights into Covenant Transport."

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Chattanooga, TN
Former Employee - Truck Driver in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

I enjoyed seeing the country and I like driving. I would've never been able to go where I'd been if it wasn't for Covenant Transport. When I trained I was able to make around $1000 a week. Some of the facilities have free laundry machines, showers and a TV watching area.

Cons

OTR Truck driving has been called a divorce maker. There are long spans of time away from home. Some of the dispatchers at the terminals are really bad and some will trap you into the terminal and won't let you leave with your truck. The terminals can be pretty dirty.

Advice to Management

Be aware of how drivers are treated at some of the outlying terminals.

Other Employee Reviews for Covenant Transportation

"Vaseline, isle nine."

Former Employee - Customer Service in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

The pay is nice, bonus' received from time to time, paid trips around the US to meet customers, laid back environment, on site gym, track and cafeteria.

Cons

You are required to work every third weekend, Monday through Friday you must work ten hour shifts with a one hour break, most management positions are a joke and not needed. If you do not finish your job, you must stay there until its done, even though there is a night shift that is supposed to take over.

Advice to Management

Look around, open your eyes. All your financial problems are right in front of you! Overpaid upper management, too many managers on the floor that are non needed, turnover is huge because the recruiting department is a joke.

2. "Driver"

I have been working at Covenant Transportation full-time

Pros

Equipment and dispatch are generally friendly and efficient. You'll get to see the country.

Cons

Unless you have hazmat or a dedicated route some checks will be below industry standards and lots of time away if you have a family

Advice to Management

Higher pay for non hazmat drivers?