Coventry Health Care - One of the most Horrible Employers in the USA | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Coventry Health Care

"One of the most Horrible Employers in the USA"

Current Employee - UR Nurse in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - UR Nurse in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Coventry Health Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent tuition reimbursement program; matching 401 K program fully vested in 2 years.

Cons

Unqualified Managers who have no management training or skills show gross favoritism for those employees they like and are not threatened by. Department outsourcing jobs to Manila; Dishonest communication and underhanded management practices. Salaries are grossly low and not competitive with other managed care companies. Raises are non existent.

Advice to Management

Pray you keep your job when Aetna takes over because no one else wants you or will hire you.

Other Employee Reviews for Coventry Health Care

1. "Healthcare company that could care less about care of employees."

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Coventry Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

4 days a week work from home if you are lucky enough to win the lottery. After a year, wfh 1 day a week.

Cons

Maternity leave program is terrible, health benefits cover very little and are super expensive, workplace is dingy and you often find cockroaches.

Advice to Management

Improve your HR with better policies that care more for employees and improve the physical working conditions or let people work from home.

""BULLIES" in the clinical department.....SOME of the supervisors"

Current Employee - N/A in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - N/A in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Coventry Health Care full-time

Pros

benefits ok, pay ok, co workers great

Cons

It is deplorable that this type of behavior is allowed to go on, in this day and age. Fear is running rampant throughout the department. We cant go over their heads, because the chief clinical supervisor is the friend of the direct supervisor who is friends of the FEW bully supervisors of the particular groups. This type of behavior is also expressed in meetings in various monthly meetings....from par to crc to cm. These are not good working conditions for any employee. Employees don't know if they can talk to the lawyers at Coventry, EAP , for fear of backslash.

Advice to Management

We wish there was a way that Coventry ceos and Aetna ceos could really see what is happening here at the san antono office. Please help the pars, crcs, cms. We work extreemly hard....everyday. We are asking for your help. Note*the vp of san Antonio office is one of the best vp we have ever met. He is very uplifting...and encouraging. Hopefully this problem can be fixed at a lower level.