Covisint - Something very wrong... | Glassdoor

"Something very wrong..."

Current Employee - Delivery in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Delivery in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have enjoyed the people. Some very smart folks technically.

Cons

Something going badly wrong. Some of my friends in various sales and sales support roles were told again today that the commissions that were supposed to the paid at the end of June won't be paid again, this is the second time. For people dependent on quarterly commissions this is hard. I know of 7 more people who have left, another 25 who are looking. You have to start to worry about what is happening when a company who raised 50 million in an IPO can't pay commissions.

Advice to Management

If you agree to pay people for their work, pay them! I am sure that Sam Inmon is not hurting financially.

Covisint Response

Sep 11, 2014 – Talent Planning Manager

The sales team received clear communications about what to expect regarding compensation. This year the sales variable compensation plan was significantly improved in a variety of ways including... More

Other Employee Reviews for Covisint

"Hardworking people, but lack of direction and support from Management."

Current Employee - Architect in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Architect in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many dedicated and hardworking employees; If you add value, you are easily noticed and respected.
    Inadvertently come across opportunities to learn stress management by managing multiple unstable solutions;
    Option to work from home when needed;

Cons

Very difficult to navigate through and get work done; constantly chasing solutions and addressing fire; minimum to no support from Management.
    Can get promoted in spite of lack of skills if you can socialize with executive management (coffee/lunch breaks, phone chats etc). This is extremely frustrating as work is impacted; others are required to shoulder the task of mitigating negative quality impacts.

Advice to Management

HR should review employee performance from within the team and immediate management. Respect and practice "Lessons Learned"

"Formerly good company is heading downhill."

Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great employees. Great product. Great location.

Cons

Too many VPs and Directors. The former upper level management decision making practically ruined this company. Now, the new CEO is making drastic decisions that appear to be to satisfy the stockholders. The employee morale is very low. He has laid off nearly 80 employees. The remaining employees are scared they will lose their jobs. The CEO is planning to move the company from a growing downtown to cut costs. No one appears to care about the employees, now. The way things are going and the moves the CEO is making I would be surprised if this company was still around in a year.

Advice to Management

Purge some of upper level management. Start caring more about the employees.

Covisint Response

Sep 11, 2014 – Talent Planning Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that Covisint has great employees, a great product, and a great location. There have been changes to the former upper level management to help drive us forward... More