Cox Communications - An Excellent Place To Work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cox Communications

"An Excellent Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees are valued. My department works extremely hard, at full steam at all times. Yet, the management always seems to know when and how often to have fun days. I have been there for a short while and we have already had 2 or 3 team events. My last company, I was there almost a year and we had one event (Christmas lunch does not count).

Cons

More work than there is time to get it done. Yet, compared to where I was, this is a plus! I can't really think of any.

Advice to Management

Don't ever loose sight of where your best assets lie - in your human capital. If you never forget the human factor in your B2B and B2C endeavors - you will never fail.

Other Employee Reviews for Cox Communications

1. "not a bad outfit"

Current Employee - Cable Technician in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Cable Technician in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay " i was a contractor" making commision...

Cons

slow work in the winter months

Advice to Management

uhh?

"Started out great, ended up a joke"

Former Employee - Customer Retention Representative in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I worked at Cox Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great office, open door policy with managers.

Cons

Although there is an open door policy with managers your feedback is listened to but not acted upon. When I first started it was great, felt secure in my job daily, made good money, great atmosphere. That steadily changed after they started firing everyone and micromanaging everyone to death. I guess the managers were trying to justify their bloated salaries? I'm not sure what they did outside of bring in donuts on Saturday's anyways. Basically on the retention floor, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. It's crazy the what reps will do and be rewarded for it, and then others will be fired. Silly job, silly management. Also, when about 25% of the sales floor is out on LOA for "stress" you might have a problem.

Advice to Management

Get a clue, your product sucks and ATT is literally lapping you right now. Cox internet is the only viable product to offer. Also, the company spent BILLIONS to launch wireless? Good call on that one!!! What person that makes millions a year couldn't foresee problems with cut rate phones and only 3G service? Seriously, you guys look like idiots. The people at the top should be fired, but instead you pass that along to those who take your orders. It's a joke.