Cox Communications - Wonderful | Glassdoor

"Wonderful"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Old time company where you are still a person not just a number. Teamwork is valued and encouraged.

Cons

Slow to respond when it comes to competition, they seem to be ok with following yet they have one of the best networks in the country.

Other Employee Reviews for Cox Communications

"Made lifelong friends, but policy changes and management need improvement!"

Former Employee - Account Services Representative in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Account Services Representative in Omaha, NE

I worked at Cox Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits start right away, co workers were awesome, and nothing wrong with free cable and internet!

Cons

Management didn't know anything, policy and system change every other week so you can't hardly get one thing down without learning something. THEY DON'T AT ALL WORK WITH YOUR SCHOOLING SCH. If you are legit sick, they don't care, even if you have a drs note. The new service to sales was a joke, as I keyed in my orders and half the time I didn't get paid for them. Overall, my experience wasen't great, but I wouldn't change it, because of all the great people I met.

Advice to Management

Please train your management better (I.E. account service supervisors) and try to help your employees succeed, instead of pinging them for every single little thing.

2. "Great Culture, great people, great products"

Former Employee - Field Operations Supervisor in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Field Operations Supervisor in Omaha, NE

I worked at Cox Communications full-time

Pros

Culture of the Company overall is very good. Health benefits as well as courtesy service for products make up for average of base pay.

Cons

Tremendous change going on in the organization that are changing the culture and people that made it such a great place. Products maybe out pricing themselves in the price/value relationship to the customer.

Advice to Management

Be ready for a high change environment. Moving from a De-Centralized to a Top Down Centralized leadership organization.