Cox Communications - It makes me very sad to see what's happening here | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cox Communications

"It makes me very sad to see what's happening here"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cox Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Gorgeous, unbelievable facilities; collaborative work environment; among the best and most dedicated group of IT professionals I've ever worked with

Cons

No one has the guts to tell the truth to the Senior Team (CEO & Directs). Everyone at the mid-senior executive level is myopically agenda driven with competing priorities. All efforts to expose critical gaps and weakness in strategy or execution is blocked at the mid-Sr management layer.

The company has brought in consultants who are draining the very culture from this once great organization and binding everyone and everything in crippling - meaningless process. Add to that the hiring of completely ineffective and incompetent management within the IT organization at the Executive levels - and removing or allowing the loss of years of experience at the same time - is a recipe for disaster.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at the monster your organization has become. The Governor would be very sad indeed to see such a sorry state of affairs. The oppression of individual contributors and elimination of the idea of innovation at this company is killing it.

Other Employee Reviews for Cox Communications

"It's a job...."

Current Employee - UHT-Expert in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - UHT-Expert in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Paid Vacations,Paid Sick, Paid Holidays, 401K, Company Vehicle and Paid Training.

Cons

Working as a Field Technician is very hard and stressful. Working in attics and up on poles while carrying heavy equipment Tools, Signal Meter. A days work can make your body ache for several, and job is becoming more mentally stressful as loss of subscribers do to the over saturation of competition.

Advice to Management

Please praise your techs more, last 3 years have been about what is going wrong and less focus on what techs do bring to the table and the important role they play. We hear more about how bad economy is and need to do start doing things this and that which is okay but, please deliver the message in a positive way and not a threating way to our job security.

"Great company to work for but lacks overall vision"

Former Employee - Senior Manager Product Development in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager Product Development in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cox Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic culture, very rewarding of high performers, and great work ethic

Cons

Lacks innovation, company is stagnant, and leadership is unclear what to do