Cox Enterprises - Account Executive | Glassdoor

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Account Executive in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cox Enterprises houses a number of subsidiary companies - from newspapers, media, trade magazines, internet, etc. As a privately held company, Cox Enterprises is pro women and offers a number of outstanding benefits. Cox Enterprises is also wonderful about having their employees volunteer their time with community projects.

Cons

Cannot think of any 'cons' about this company. If they had not closed down in 2009 the AutoMart, AutoDeal, and AutoTrader divisions across the USA, then I would have continued working for this division.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at your middle management, especially, since you have numerous locations around the USA.

Other Employee Reviews for Cox Enterprises

1. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA

Pros

The people at Cox are very serious and well qualified. They are a committed organization and demand the most from there employees.

Cons

Television is becoming more and more difficult to sell to advertisers with the steady growth of online advertising. Internal competition can be tense.

Advice to Management

I highly value the high quality sales training and experience I received at Cox, and I truly respect the work ethic and didication I saw from leadership.

"Good Company, poor leadership in our division..."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Overall, good solid company and benefits. The product, kudzu.com, is actually an effective local search tool for businesses, which is rare.

Cons

Little to no vision about how to turn a local product into a national one. Lots of money spent on a national TV partnership with next to nothing commensurate online. It's upsetting because they had to let go of a lot of good people this year because the sales just didn't happen.

Advice to Management

Bring someone in with a solid vision and proven strategy who knows how to implement it.