Cox Media Group - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - I Intern in Dayton, OH
Former Employee - I Intern in Dayton, OH

Pros

Good working environment. People at the company valued the opinions of interns just like another employee. Overal, it was a good choice to work.

Cons

Pay wasn't that great. Too many bosses to report to. Company seemed disorganized at times with their agendas. Not too bad though.

Advice to Management

They should have more of an inclusive management style that has an open door policy. Sometimes I had no clue what a going on in the firm.

Other Employee Reviews for Cox Media Group

"Poor Treatment of Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Pros

there are some great people here.

Cons

they treat employees poorly, there is a lot of drama, people cannot be trusted, upper management does not make good decisions.

Advice to Management

when you ask employees opinions- actually take them into consideration. stop pretending like you're listening.

2. "Satisfying."

Current Employee - Data Specialist in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Data Specialist in Dayton, OH

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, the wearing of jeans daily is encouraged. People are friendly and engaging. Facilities are nice with an included cafeteria serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Cons

My only disappointment is in the downsizing being experienced with all newspaper publishing firms. My department is being dissolved and the work being sent to an affiliated in another state. The downside is the state of the industry rather than the employer itself.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees down the scale. Feedback by the lower echelon can be quite informative. I really wished upper management asked me about a few key situations.