Cox Media Group - Decent salary and benefits, but poor leadership and communication | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cox Media Group

"Decent salary and benefits, but poor leadership and communication"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Pros

A good salary and benefit package compared to similar jobs elsewhere; open door policy with most senior management, good opportunities for training

Cons

Poor coordination between departments, "ivory tower" thinking in senior management as well as a lack of effective leadership, very low morale

Other Employee Reviews for Cox Media Group

1. "Great place to learn about the industry & gain valuable experience."

Former Employee - Intern in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Intern in Dayton, OH

Pros

- We got to create our own internship experience.
    - Great open door exposure to senior management.
    - Created lead lists and made cold calls to set up future meetings with the Sales Reps.
    - Was given a lot of responsibility if I just asked for it.
    - I worked on many diverse projects (digital media, targeting, lead generation, online research, marketing initiatives, processing newspaper ads, etc).
    - Had informational 30+ minutes one-on-one meetings with each manager in the Sales Department .
    - Had opportunities to learn firsthand & explore various career paths by shadowing employees in multiple departments in the company (Editorial Staff, Marketing Dept., B2C Sales Reps, & the B2B Sales Reps)

Cons

- At times there was not enough to do in order to contribute and stay busy.
    - The intern manager was often traveling for work, so it was difficult to have certain questions answered.

Advice to Management

- Would have liked the opportunity to apply the knowledge learned about the company in role plays or by presenting it to other interns.
    - Have the interns make more cold calls to set x number of meetings per week for the Sales Reps.
    - Just ask for what you want the internship to be like.
    - It was a great experience and I learned a lot! Continue to offer internships with your company.

2. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - I Intern in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - I Intern in Dayton, OH

Pros

Good working environment. People at the company valued the opinions of interns just like another employee. Overal, it was a good choice to work.

Cons

Pay wasn't that great. Too many bosses to report to. Company seemed disorganized at times with their agendas. Not too bad though.

Advice to Management

They should have more of an inclusive management style that has an open door policy. Sometimes I had no clue what a going on in the firm.