CoxReps - Work here to get into Media, but leave once you have experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CoxReps

"Work here to get into Media, but leave once you have experience"

Former Employee - Assistant Sales Representative in New York, NY
Former Employee - Assistant Sales Representative in New York, NY

Pros

To gain experience and move onto a real media firm with an actual real salary, assistants and research personal are paid 25,000. That is less than any other assistants or research, at the station, network, cable or independent firms.

Cons

Hours, workload, respect, pay, the usual time frame for employees is less than one year. Most of the good ones either move to cable, the station or an agency.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to fight other firms for stations by under cutting each other to stay alive, rather try to devote some expenses to R&D... that is why cable companies are more recession proof, they actual have services as opposed to rep firms who do nothing but order take for the station.

Other Employee Reviews for CoxReps

1. "Grass isn't always greener"

I worked at CoxReps full-time

Pros

I worked at Coxreps as an Ae for 5 years and left for what I thought was a better opportunity. I miss this place, the grass isn't always greener. Each employer has their pros and cons, but the things that bothered me at Coxreps were so petty in relation to how publicly traded companies operate. The leadership at Coxreps are solid people and realize that they put their people first.

Cons

Waaaah, we don't have free lunches, why do they get to leave early, how come I'm not recognized, complain it's the haves and the have not's - guess what the real world doesn't care about these things. Believe me it's a lot tougher outside of Coxreps and the things I used to complain about I'm embarrassed I ever did.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - Guthrie/Palmer/Morrow solid team.

2. "Sales Assistant"

I have been working at CoxReps full-time

Pros

Good Benefits, casual work wear

Cons

Hours are not flexible, a lot of rules

Advice to Management

Be clear with all of the rules upfront.