Cracker Barrel - Always changing. . . . never sitting still. . . | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

"Always changing. . . . never sitting still. . ."

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cracker Barrel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very strong company that continues to outperform the rest of the casual dining industry. Not worried about company going under and losing a job that way.

Cons

Crazy amount of paperwork. Some DM's are almost too "hands on". Almost too much communication is expected.

Advice to Management

In training, we were taught that the guest, actually, is not always right. For whatever reason, though, any guest complaint that comes through nearly always is automatically penalty status without ever checking to find out what actually took place. If you want to give a Gold Card to everyone, fine. Please don't take it out on your managers if you are not going to do due process.

Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel

"Depending on management on how things are."

Current Employee - Server in Wesley Chapel, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Wesley Chapel, FL

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When all other restraunt are closing this company is adding more restraunts. And with the right management you can make really good money.

Cons

Put TOO many servers on the floor. Hire too many servers and cut servers hours that have been there for along time.

Advice to Management

Talk to employees with respect and don't put blame on another manager when you are the one who did it.

2. "If you like being screamed at all day by management, this is the job for you!"

Former Employee - PAR III Server in Marion, IL
    Former Employee - PAR III Server in Marion, IL

I worked at Cracker Barrel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to pick up more hours. That's the only good thing I'll say about them.

Cons

I've worked at 2 different stores for a total of 3 years. The last store I worked at was HORRIBLE! I had panic attacks driving to work. Employees are constantly bullied and yelled at by the a**hole GM.
    He has put his hands on (at least) 2 servers (meaning he SHOVED 2 servers) corporate got involved in both cases and nothing was done. I don't care how good the tips were, nothing is worth being treated like that. Also, there is no automatic gratuity for parties, servers get shafted on Sundays with church crowds that don't tip. The company genuinely does not care about it's employees. Servers are a dime a dozen, so if you don't like the way you're treated, quit. That's your only option.

Advice to Management

None. Management in that company is a joke.