Cracker Barrel - Constantly bullied and management ignores everything. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

"Constantly bullied and management ignores everything."

Former Employee - Hostess in Macon, GA
Former Employee - Hostess in Macon, GA

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Managers would work with you if you needed help. Some guests were fun to talk with. When work was steady, time would fly. If you wanted a raise, it was fairly simple to receive one because all you had to do was take a test online.

Cons

Schedule was hardly ever right. I'd be called in early to work and stay late or called to not come in at all because business was so slow, or either be cut early and end up working 2 hours. Managers did not look at the "time off" book when making schedules and I rarely got any vacation when requested. Often I was made to bus tables, and get drinks for guests, even though I was only a hostess. I did not receive the pay that a bus boy did nor did I receive tip sharing. Several times a shift waitresses would claim I skipped their section on purpose and tell management I wasn't doing my job correctly. Some guests would request 4 chairs even if it was only 2 guests. I was called racists by a guest once when I took the guests in front of the podium to their seat instead of him, whom was standing to the left of me and the other guests. The location was horrible; my car was broken into suspectedly an employee. When shift change came, whoever was working hostess before me would not complete their tasks but were allowed to leave, leaving me with double the amount of work to do. Issues like this were never addressed by management of any kind.

Advice to Management

Focus on schedule regulating. It was not fun working to 11pm one night and being expected to be back at work at 8 in the morning. Sit down with employees when co-workers can not get along and try to find a solution. Hide the camera video somewhere employees can't see the tapes. This led to my car being broken into.

Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel

1. "If you are a college student good job otherwise it's probably not for you"

Former Employee - Server in Jackson, TN
    Former Employee - Server in Jackson, TN

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have the chance to make a lot of money and you tables turn over very quickly so bad tips tend to add up very quickly

Cons

Managment is some what incompetent
    They over work the servers because they are the cheapest labor
    They make you roll 100 silverware every shift
    The shifts tend to b 7 hour shifts
    The tips are horrible

Advice to Management

Quit trying to cut labor cost by only having servers and cooks there.

2. "the company"

Current Employee - Server in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Server in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

while i worked there i maad a lot of new friends. everyone mostly got along well. you could almost always find a replacement if you needed to call in. its a pretty simple serving job.

Cons

the management changed during my time being there. some managers were great, others not so much. we got backed up alot and ran out of food items which seemed frequently as a server who depended on food items to be there to create happy guests. but i guess you run out of food items anywhere.

Advice to Management

some do a great job. others recognized your good dependable servers and show them your appreciation.