Cracker Barrel - Cracker Barrel is not a Franchised Company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

"Cracker Barrel is not a Franchised Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Las Cruces, NM
Current Employee - Manager in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at Cracker Barrel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Cracker Barrel is a very stable and solid company and still opening new stores, CB has been around for over thirty plus years.

Cons

Your training for management is about three months long, but you will feel very confident walking into your assigned store.

Advice to Management

Cracker Barrel has always been very fair and gives you all the tools you will need to increase your knowledge to advance in the company to a higher position

Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel

1. "Do Not Work Here Unless you are about to become Homeless"

Former Employee - Cashier in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Greenville, SC

I worked at Cracker Barrel (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers. You will meet a lot of great people you work with, minus the managers.
    Also the customers are great and you will become close to the regular customers who are really sweet.

Cons

Everything else
    The managers treat you like slaves. I was a cashier and the way they arranged the business was so cashiers had little ability to make decisions on their own and would need manager approval for everything. Yet the managers hated coming to help us with anything and never liked to take our cash drawers back.

Advice to Management

Treat your Cashiers better. We are people, not slaves.

2. "Always sending someone home early leaving you short staffed."

Former Employee - Server in Grove City, OH
    Former Employee - Server in Grove City, OH

I worked at Cracker Barrel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good training, offers full time employees benefits, not so hard to request days off or vacation time.

Cons

Must work average of 32 hr week to qualify for insurance and even if you've been there for years, they will send you home often resulting in loosing insurance. Locks up things like maple syrup, honey, chemicals, and you have to find manager to get needed items. Makes you carry clear plastic purses so they can make sure you are not taking steaks. Locks the door after closing, and then holds you hostage while they lock themselves in office to count drawers getting angry if you sit on clock until they allow you to leave. Gives you endless side work and daily cleaning responsibilities, but makes you clock out on time when you try to finish them all. And if they send you home early, your unfinished work gets left for remaining employee. If there is a party of 10 but 5 are kids or babies, you still have to split the table with another server. No matter what!

Advice to Management

This is my advice to any person thinking on becoming a manager. You will never have any kind of job security , not one of you lasted at the same store more than one year. They will wait until you buy a house near your new store, put your kids in school and than transfer you for no reason. And if it is policy to look through employee's purses, make them open up their coats, before walking them out the door , then the message you are sending is "you have to be checked out because you will steal from us, even if you have been there for years, " this brings low moral, and causes resentment . I never saw a employee steal, but I saw managers steal out the back door once.