KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Tons of opportunity for advancement and monetary gain. Corporate environment treats you like a kindergarten felon.

Mar 9, 2014 - General Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of quality training or yourself, managers and staff. Good quality product you can be very proud to sell, professional customer base, excellent compensation in the right unit.

Cons

Micromanaged to the extreme, I worked here for 8 years and after I left I didn't know how to act independently. They will make you into a brainwashed drone if you are not careful. Very long hours to be successful in a high volume unit (29 days a month 12 hours a day, which they will say they don't want you to do but you better or else.) Employees and guests are treated with kid gloves to the point of creating a devilish entitlement ethos while management is treated like chopped liver. You will be under constant threat of termination while a gm with this company and at the same time they will convince you over and over that there are no other jobs to go to and your family will suffer if you leave. I achieved General Manager of the year for 2 consecutive years and during that time I was threatened and written up repeatedly. Very negative yet smile in your face corporate environment. To sum it up, always read between the fine print and look for the hidden meaning in anything from the top. After this paragraph I probably sound incredibly paranoid, all I can say is spend 8 years with cracker barrel and you will understand.

6 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

None

Jan 4, 2022 - Associate Manager of People in Fayetteville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

None at all right now

Cons

You will be working a lot of hours a lot of time from the family.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall good

Jan 22, 2022 - Server in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The coworkers range in all ages, yet you tend to make friends with everyone. The pay is really good and it is a nice quiet location. Also get 50% off on meals

Cons

You never get out at your scheduled out-time, and it can be difficult to update your schedule with the managers. Also, holidays are mandatory in addition to Sundays for your availability.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Cracker Barrel.