KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worst job experience ever

Feb 28, 2015 - Prep Cook/Grill Cook in Boone, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Only place I've ever worked at where I actually got raises. Benefits roughly on par with other restaurants, but definitely no where near great. They will actually let you get overtime, but that is a RARE occasion and still discouraged.

Cons

Long hours with no breaks. Constant fight to get hours no matter how hard you worked or how long you worked there. Treated with disrespect by supposed "professional" managers. It's all a numbers game to them and they don't care who gets caught in the cross hairs. Employees all hated their jobs and management did most times as well. Awful scheduling practices due to constraints placed by upper management. We were either grossly understaffed or overstaffed and your hours were cut. No schedule consistency whatsoever. I was constantly worried about making ends meet. I don't know who here said you get holiday pay, but you don't. Time and a half only exists if you get overtime and you're EXPECTED to work ALL holidays. Most holidays they don't even TRY to work with requests off (even if they're reasonable). This store couldn't even retain shift managers for more than a few months.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Cook

Dec 4, 2021 - Prep Cook
    Business Outlook

Pros

has good people to work with

Cons

has very bad terrible mangement

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great job

Jan 25, 2022 - Server
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good management and good coworkers

Cons

Nothing bad to say about it

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Cracker Barrel.