Creative Circle - Not outstanding but they get plenty of submissions | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Creative Circle

"Not outstanding but they get plenty of submissions"

Current Contractor - Analyst in Chicago, IL
Current Contractor - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Listing almost daily; prompt payments,

Cons

More concerned with their commissions than their representatives and focus more on short-term assignments rather than cultivating relationships. No accruable personal days or health benefits no matter how long you've been with the agency. Compensation is always on the low-end of the scale because they specialize in quantity not quality

Advice to Management

Become better experts in the fields in which you represent therefore you can demand higher minimums from your clients.

Other Employee Reviews for Creative Circle

1. "Amazing Company!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Creative Circle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with some of the best recruiters and account executives who will work to get you placed!
    Very sweet and helpful people.

Cons

You only have two options, Account Executive or Recruiter.

Advice to Management

You're AMAZING, keep up the great work! :-)

""Thank you for holding, someone will be with you in 365 days.""

Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Chicago, IL

Pros

* They somehow seem to have a lot of available positions.
    * They have a large roster of talent.
    * They are known in the industry.

Cons

* Hiring managers at agencies have developed a bad taste for how Creative Circle "spitballs" candidates and as a result, candidates are given low consideration based on their representation by CC.
    * As a candidate, I found that the recruiters really had no clue about what my day to day duties require. I got calls for UXA, developer, and project manager gigs.
    * They don't seem to communicate with each other at all. I was placed at a job by one Creative Circle recruiter, then another called and asked if I could go interview for another position. Do they even check my file?
    * The recruiters are rude to candidates, but saccharin sweet to hiring managers. They seem to forget that sometimes these people are one and the same.
    * This may or may not be isolated, but I was definitely misled by my recruiter about how long the position would last and if it was even open for conversion to full time.
    * They create a cattle call environment by posting all over the job boards with listings that state "we have a client who is looking for" whatever the position is. It's a false lead. They just want to keep their talent pool stocked up. You're not going in to respond to a real job.
    * I've hired from them, and I've found positions through them, yet no one seems to know that I've already been in for multiple "getting to know you" interviews.

I do not approve of Creative Circle's way of doing business. As a hiring manager, I won't use Creative Circle anymore because they lie to my candidates and they lie to me, then they poach their own placements.

Advice to Management

Create a better system of communication between your recruiters. Don't burn bridges by misrepresenting jobs to candidates. Those candidates are your future (or current) hiring managers. They will repay your business tactics by blacklisting you, as I have.