Creative Circle - Grossly incompetent payroll staff, and even more gross lack of benefits for talent | Glassdoor

"Grossly incompetent payroll staff, and even more gross lack of benefits for talent"

Current Employee - Talent in New York, NY

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only good thing that I can say about working for this company is how quickly I found a roll- but based on what I've heard from others this is a unique situation.

Cons

I was recently informed that due to negligence on the part of the payroll team, I've been being under taxed for months and now will owe more than I can afford in taxes come the new year. Though I was thorough and filled out all the necessary forms for working in one state but living in another, the team made a mistake and choose to inform me via email, after work hours, and did not even have the decency to apologize for this error. I am absolutely astounded at the fact that this company remains in business despite mistakes like these- AS WELL as the fact that they provide little to no benefits for their talent and make it extremely difficult to attain a permanent position with the company that hires you through them. I choose to accept this position because I was lucky enough to not need the health benefits and I'm a recent college grad with not much experience. I thought that this would be a good way to build up my portfolio and step into the business world but this company seems to cost more than it's worth.

Creative Circle2019-12-26
  1. "Great Company"

Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in New York, NY

I worked at Creative Circle for less than a year

Pros

Creative Circle brought me on board for a freelance project.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about the experience.

Creative Circle2020-03-18
  2. "Great way to get your foot in the door with leading tech companies"

Current Contractor - Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Creative Circle for less than a year

Pros

-Recruiters work quickly– be prepared to rework your resume often (and within a matter of hours) in order to get in front of the right clients -Opportunities are with top tech companies. Great way to get your foot in the door -Recruiters advocate for you in front of clients -Lots of opportunities for remote work (depending on industry)

Cons

-Health insurance is offered through a company called Benefits in Card. Since this isn't a major health insurance company, coverage is limited (though you can pay more for a higher tier) and isn't accepted by other insurance businesses (OneMedical, Oscar, etc). I wish they would find a solution that provides more coverage.

Continue reading
    Creative Circle2020-03-21

Discover more reviews about Creative Circle.