Creative Circle - Creative Circle is a good resource for freelancers--but it shouldn't be their only resource. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Creative Circle

"Creative Circle is a good resource for freelancers--but it shouldn't be their only resource."

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Compared with other temporary staffing agencies I've dealt with, Creative Circle is much more proactive. I receive several e-mails a day notifying me of jobs that may match my skills, and recruiters will call when they think they've found a particularly relevant position for me. Even when a possible job falls through, I appreciate their effort to keep me in the loop.

Cons

I'm not sure how well equipped (or willing) the recruiters are to evaluate their talent's competence. At one short-term engagement where Creative Circle had supplied eight proofreaders, I was shocked to discover that I was the only one who was formally trained and was actually familiar with proofreaders' marks and conventions.

Advice to Management

I hope your behind-the-scenes operations are as polished as the image your recruiters present to job candidates.

Other Employee Reviews for Creative Circle

"Exceeded Expectations!"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I went into the interview with Creative Circle with a very cynical attitude. I had read online reviews that talked about bait and switch tactics, low wages and poor communication. When the recruiter told me that she might send me some jobs that were below my minimum if she thought they were a particularly good fit, I thought "Yep. Here we go. Nothing is going to come of this." I continued to find freelance jobs on my own and ignored the company postings. Then, several weeks later I got a call from the recruiter about a job that was a perfect match with my skills at a great company. The offer rate was too low, but she promised to negotiate a better rate. She absolutely came through! The communication was great. The job is great and the rate is exactly what I requested. I decided I had to take the time to write this review because I almost wrote the company off based on poor reviews. I'm very glad I did not!

Cons

None so far. I'm very pleased with my experience with Creative Circle so far. I'm just getting started on my first assignment. So far, so good!

Advice to Management

Posted job rates are way too low for experienced contractors. I did not trust the recruiter when she said she could negotiate higher rates based on my experience - and so I was not actively reviewing leads. I felt my time would be better spent finding jobs on my own. I would put more effort into explaining your ability to negotiate better rates for the right person.

"They are super awesome, friendly, accommodating, helpful people that really work for the designer."

Current Contractor - Freelance Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Freelance Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

If you're a beginning designer, they can find you really great experience for your resume.

Cons

As a designer, there's very little stability and it's up to you to keep applying to jobs. Also, many times when a client hires a temporary freelancer it's because there's some kind of SNAFU in their department and so you end up getting plopped in some stressful environments.

Advice to Management

Keep Being Awesome!