Creative Circle - Bait & Switch Recruiter | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Creative Circle

"Bait & Switch Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Creative Circle (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for freelance work with no long-term stability or benefits and don't mind being duped into applying for fake jobs, this may be the recruiting agency for you.

Cons

The company Creative Circle, LLC is a bait & switch recruiting agency. They post highly desirable job postings and then, if they even bother to email you back, they email back to say their 'client has changed their mind' and then Creative Circle will provide you with a completely different job to apply for that is not nearly as exciting as the original post.

Advice to Management

Ensure your staff are posting legitimate job postings, ensure your staff follow-up with job seekers with correct & complete information & instructions in professionally formatted emails.

Other Employee Reviews for Creative Circle

"I Think I'm Just Going To Stop Responding To Their Emails"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor

Pros

I guess they seem nice enough.

Cons

I submitted a resume in response to a online ad and received a call from their receptionist a couple weeks later. She scheduled an in-person interview for the following week; I filled out a candidate profile online before the interview, as well as a stack of paperwork at their office. Unlike what several reviewers below mention, the guy I met with actually had a creative background at a reputable Ad agency. Both he and the receptionist were really nice and I felt comfortable dealing with them.

I was told to periodically check their website site. If I saw any jobs that interested me I was to apply online or contact the person I interviewed with. I've since applied for several jobs on their website. I've also sent 2-3 resumes in response to emails soliciting resumes that have come into my inbox. Based on the job descriptions, most of these jobs I have been very well qualified for.

But no matter what the position is, or how well qualified I am, I have not heard back from anyone at Creative Circle. I've sent 4-5 resumes in 6-8 weeks and haven't heard so much as a peep from anyone. Not much response to my follow-up efforts either. Reading other reviews, I see that this is apparently pretty normal, which is both rude and aggravating.

Gotta admit that this is getting somewhat frustrating. Especially after they reached out to a lot of my professional references. There are a lot of other jobs out there for which I can apply. So instead of wasting much more time and effort with Creative Circle with no return, I think that I'm going to stop responding to them.

Advice to Management

Be more responsive to job applicants, one way or the other. It helps to know where we stand after being invited to submit a resume for a freelance or full-time position.

"Started Off OK, But Now - Not So Much"

Current Contractor - Online Marketing Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - Online Marketing Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good option for those seeking freelance work
    Plenty of opportunities via e-mail
    Convenient downtown location
    Can apply online as well as communicate with appropriate recruiter

Cons

Lack of responsiveness
    Lack of knowledge around appropriate behavior (was once asked if I would purchase a car just for a suburban assignment)
    Tends to treat talent as cattle (preferring mass blasts vs. particular matching)
    Recruiting staff tends to interfere with each other (essentially, they threw me under a bus rather than confirm that I was being honest and available for a position)
    Positions are often resent without being filled and after being rejected

Advice to Management

Having been part of Creative Circle's talent pool for a few years, I am really sad to see it decline. Yes, they have to serve the companies they're hiring for....but not at the expense of its talent. You might want to show more respect to your creative talent, because without us, you *don't* have a business.