Creative Computing Solutions - One of the best places I've ever worked. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Creative Computing Solutions

"One of the best places I've ever worked."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Rockville, MD
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Rockville, MD

I worked at Creative Computing Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very supportive of all staff. Even if you're billable staff, they don't just throw you away when the contract is over. Always working to improve your skill sets so you don't get pigeonholed. Telecommuting wasn't a problem either. Everyone I knew felt like they were almost family.

Cons

It is a Federal contractor - the pro's and con's of that are fairly obvious: you can't stay on the bench forever.

Advice to Management

Stay the course!

Other Employee Reviews for Creative Computing Solutions

1. "my review"

Former Employee - Change Management Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Change Management Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Creative Computing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee concerned, great insurance, great benefits

Cons

None. CCSi was the best company I ever worked for.

Advice to Management

You are were the best management. No advice to give.

"Good on paper, bad in practice."

Former Employee - Functional Analyst in Rosslyn, VA
    Former Employee - Functional Analyst in Rosslyn, VA

Pros

Some upper-middle management are personable and care about employees. Those individuals strive to connect with people within their contract and are enjoyable to work with.
    Flexibility: Depending on the contract, you have large flexibility with your schedule (AWS is allowed for at least one contract.) Most employees are very qualified for their respective positions. The company contributes back with community volunteer opportunities and college scholarships. The company has numerous certifications and looks good on paper.

Cons

Retention: There is an extremely high turnover rate. I estimate at least 2 people leave every 6 weeks and 90% quit before reaching a year with the company.
    Growth/Satisfaction: None. There is absolutely no room for growth or advancement; which has been openly expressed by numerous management and HR personnel. There is no "cohesion.” In general, there is a lack of respect which is perceived on both ends.
    Contracts: Government management has expressed contempt and extreme annoyance for management at CCSi.
    I was a loyal employee but experienced and witnessed the extreme lack of business sense, professionalism, and the pure apathy expressed by the company towards its employees. If you are looking for quick work while you wait for another job or clearance, this is the place for you. However, it is not a lasting work place. If you have been contracting or in the IT field for over 20 years, you will probably not have the same experience as myself, But if you are relatively new to the field they will take advantage of you.

Advice to Management

Provide a potential career path for new and lower-level employees. Talk straight to employees that raise concerns. Foster a better work environment and encourage respect from all parties. Make the company a place employees are proud to work; subcontracting companies treat their employees better, which is detrimental to the work environment. Take control of your contracts and establish better relationships with your clients.