Credera - Healthy Growth and Change | Glassdoor
  1. "Healthy Growth and Change"

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

In my time working at Credera, we have weathered a lot of change in an admirable way. In my experience with previous employers and my observations of change at some past clients, change is always hard when you're in it, but Credera has approached change in an open and honest way - all the while seeking the best for our employees and clients. Credera has done a good job of maintaining its identity during recent changes. Some things have changed due to growth or joining the Omnicom Group, and other things have changed because the leaders have identified better approaches or blind spots in our historical practices. Regardless of the change or the reason for it, I feel like Credera's leaders are truly striving to do the right thing. Sure, no one is perfect, but I appreciate that Credera leaders work hard to make the best decisions for our people (and take ownership of any missteps that may happen along the way)

Cons

The growth at Credera is great and is making us stronger/better/faster, but with that growth, has come even more very bright individuals seeking to make their stamp on the world (and on Credera specifically). I doubt that an organization of our size will ever full agree and that's probably good because diverse ideas make us better and illuminate blind spots, but it can at times seem like there are too many cooks in the kitchen.

Credera2020-02-10

"Quality People, Quality Work, Quality Values"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than a year

Pros

Credera is a growth-oriented environment and allows you to flourish wherever you are at in your career. You will learn from people who will pull the best out of you, and help you discover your potential. Not to mention develop great relationships :)

Cons

Client site can be self-contained. 40 hour minimum billable requirement can encourage pressure on the employees. While this is not a strict requirement, it is highly encouraged to meet your billable hours, because this is what helps Credera meet its bottom line. The new ownership of Omnicom also brings with it the corporate functions of a large conglomerate i.e. punctuality in time and accounting reporting, legal checking for management decisions, etc.

Credera2020-01-27
  2. "Antiquated Culture - Slow Career Advancement Opportunities"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some very caring individuals in this organization that are working themselves to the bone to make Credera more accepting and diverse.

Cons

I have been extremely disappointed by my experience at Credera. Based off the majority of the Glassdoor reviews here, when I started my position I thought I was going to be treated with equality and respect. I thought I would have great mentorship that challenged me and believed in me. This, unfortunately, has not been the case. Although I came in as an experienced hire, I am constantly compared to co-workers a few months out of college. I have even been told that these people are my “cohort” or “class”, despite multiple years of work experience prior to joining Credera. Leaders who have never met me therefore think I am a recent college graduate and, despite having very direct conversations about the years of experience I had prior to joining Credera, it has been a limiting factor in my ability to advance in my career at this firm. I had multiple “mentors”, all who left the firm within my short time here. The guidance I received from some of them has been misdirected and misaligned with more senior leaders. The review process - the once a year opportunity to highlight your accomplishments and once a year opportunity to get a promotion - is incredibly biased and does not accurately represent the individual in question. A room of people who don’t know you determine if you’re ready for a promotion by going over sheet of paper that is prepared by someone else who doesn’t know you very well. A pretty obvious recipe for disaster. Credera often brags about their culture. They say that the pay gap compared to other companies (which they do admit to) is made up for by a great culture. Do the above details sound like a great culture? I am aware that the experience I am describing above is not true for all people. I am aware that others have felt supported, challenged, and accepted by this firm. But, to this, I ask you to take a look at the archetype of individual who has been able to advance in this firm. If you look across leadership (even low to middle manager and above), you will see that most people have at least 3 of the following 4 traits - male, white, straight, attended a Texas University. I know that Credera will respond to this, and I ask them - for which percentage of Senior Consultants and above are at least 3 of these 4 traits true? Manager and above? Senior Manager and above?

Credera2020-02-03

Credera Response

February 5, 2020

Thank you for your feedback – we’re disappointed to hear you were discouraged by our performance review process and your experience advancing within Credera’s consulting model. As you know, we hire through campus recruiting and by bringing in experienced professionals like yourself from a variety of backgrounds, and we assess everyone against the same framework. We care deeply about our people and their growth, which is why we built a detailed performance management program focused on developing our people to their greatest potential in the areas of practice skills (core craft), client service and development, company development, and delivering and leading in light of our culture and values. Promotions are taken seriously and performance standards are high, so if we don’t believe someone is ready for the next level, we will give them a thorough explanation for our rationale and developmental recommendations. It is our greatest joy to promote our people and watch them flourish at the next level, which is why we only promote someone when we believe they are ready for it. We are grateful for our diverse leaders and are proud that we continue to grow in diversity at leadership levels year over year through promotions and external hires. Texas universities are currently common at our firm because 80% of our employee base resides in the state of Texas right now (but that will evolve quickly as we continue to expand into new markets at a faster pace than ever before). We cannot speak to percentages as we do not track the sexual orientation of our employees. We hope you will bring this feedback to our leadership team directly so we can discuss how to set your 2020 up for success.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Credera.