Credit Suisse - Great benefits but slow advancement. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Credit Suisse

"Great benefits but slow advancement."

Former Employee - Product Controller in Research Triangle Park, NC
Former Employee - Product Controller in Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at Credit Suisse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Product Control was full of great people to work with and the RTP, NC location is nice to work at. The benefits are some of the best in the industry in part because this is a Swiss company so if you are planning to have a family it is hard to beat.

Cons

Advancement seems to be slow going even after a few years of hard work and communication with management. I met many people who had been there 5-7 years that where told they were not getting raises or received very little when recently promoted. Bonuses where also very low compared to years past I was told. This was due to the economies and poor performance of the bank they Management told us. This was tough to hear and kills the motivation of newer employees. Our department implemented overtime pay for hours over 40 which was often however we where paid half time! Not time and a half but half time. You make $22 hr your paid $11 hr for hrs over 40. I guess this is better then previously being paid strait salary with no chance of extra pay but it seems wrong.

Advice to Management

When an employee work hard and earns a promotion reward them with a sold raise. If the company is weathering tough times trimming bonuses is understandable but cutting salaries increases due to promotions if unacceptable.

Other Employee Reviews for Credit Suisse

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Credit Suisse full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My career at CS started out with fun, challenging work. I felt that the work I was doing was important and added value to the organization. That did change about halfway through however.

Cons

It is hard to write the cons because I worked for the organization in the worst financial crisis since the depression. What I found was that the company lacked a clear vision, there were frequent organizational changes and the office politics could be fierce.

Advice to Management

Be innovative, it is always best to try to be an innovator and invest in new ideas

"A sinking ship...""

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Credit Suisse full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits
    Opportunity for travel

Cons

No career mobility, especially outside the main centers.
    Declining compensation over the past few years.

Advice to Management

I've been increasingly unhappy over the last few years. I would advise the company to reassess compensation and career mobility, especially for employees working outside of the central locations (NY, Zurich, London).