Credit Suisse - Great experience, learned a great deal, great platform to leverage inside and outside of the firm. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Credit Suisse

"Great experience, learned a great deal, great platform to leverage inside and outside of the firm."

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Credit Suisse full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Competitive, fast paced, has great intellectual resources. I enjoyed coming into Credit Suisse during the growth years. Very fast paced and entrepreneurial, many development programs and access to some of the most talented people in the industry. Management is accessible and is actively participating in employees' development. Proper recognition procedures are in place.

Cons

Despite claiming to be entrepreneurial, it has become too large for entrepreneurs to be able to enjoy working there. I fear for the company because the landscape is changing dramatically and I am not sure the firm is doing enough to stay ahead. Idea generation process is stifled by the regulatory regime where the management is afraid to do almost anything in fear of being in violation of some regulations.

Advice to Management

Do not let the classic innovators dilemma to unravel one of the greatest companies in finance.

Other Employee Reviews for Credit Suisse

1. "It is not a meritocracy"

Pros

you work with smart people

Cons

working at a satellite office is like being the red headed stepchild

2. "I was able to work with the application owner, developers, and end users to provide solutions for access control."

Former Contractor - Access Management Contractor in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Access Management Contractor in New York, NY

I worked at Credit Suisse as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I was involve in the automation of application provisioning and logical user access.

Cons

I was restricted in presentation of new ideas because I was contractor and not an employee of the firm.

Advice to Management

I was able to advice management on access control documentation that the company is missing and how to create them. In addition I advise management how we should retain access request to support audits and federal regulations.