Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lots changing, things are looking up.

Sep 10, 2016 - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started working at CCCOM in Austin toward the beginning of a deluge of changes that have transformed the tech department. We have a lot of legacy code around here, and various management-level logjams have ben broken since then, so we are modernizing our tech stack (and hiring people!) as fast as we can. That means lots of fun new toys, chances to have your voice heard in architecture discussions, and frequent releases to score "wins" as a team. And the teams-- the tech department is growing, vibrant, friendly, fun, and ambitious. Our fearless leaders, Kamelia, Todd, and Paul, are actively setting things up so we can grow and succeed. Some great new benefits were also recently introduced. The new remote work policy frees me up to travel more, and the company will reimburse me for high-quality professional development training.

Cons

At the software engineer level, I see two big things that affect morale negatively. The first is legacy code-- you may occasionally be beckoned into a haunted house. Prepare to remember words and software versions you haven't seen in 5-7 years. That sucks, but it's going away as fast as we can kill it. Second is shifting product priorities. As we work to remediate technical debt, we also have to respond to market imperatives. Every team has had their priorities turned on a dime at one time or another. It can be frustrating, but we all understand, and most people here are buoyant enough not to let it bring them down. The new priority is usually interesting in its own way.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

ExcellentTeam!

Jun 9, 2016 - Editor in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

CreditCards.com has a great work environment, providing volunteer opportunities, free food and a great work-life balance. People stay with the company for years, and for good reason. Great team, fun work. They've also just started allowing people to work part of the time from home, which is terrific. They are also good about promoting from within.

Cons

The only con is that space is cramped right now because of the growth, but that could actually be seen as a positive!

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee

good place

Jul 20, 2021 - Senior Data Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

good for me so far

Cons

none of that i know

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about CreditCards.com.