Cree - Think carefully. | Glassdoor

"Think carefully."

Current Employee - Engineer in Durham, NC
Current Employee - Engineer in Durham, NC

Pros

Offers a job in an emerging technology though times are tough right now for any high tech company. Living in the triangle is a great benefit because the cost of living is low. Casual dress code and easy commute from most areas of the triangle. Stock options but don't expect to move up in salary.

Cons

Expects 12+ hour days or you are perceived as uncommitted. Not innovative or encouraging when you want to "take a rick" and try something new. If it doesn't work you will be sorry so employees keep their heads down. Employee advancement/development is discouraged because you must be inside the building at all times working hard. Management does not feel like employees are part of the same team. The culture is more like an old time factory than a high tech operation. There is a lot of potential but the vibe is always negative and the corporate culture is that you are easily replaced. Even writing this review makes me nervous about retaliation.

Advice to Management

Employees are not treated respectfully. Mid level managment is not empowered in any way to truly manage their areas.

Other Employee Reviews for Cree

1. "Poor culture"

I have been working at Cree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quite good work life balance

Cons

Management by fear, poor planning at top, unclear and inconsistent communication on expectation, unwilling to listen, communication without respect, very impolite,

Cree Response

Dec 8, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review and your continued service of more than a year! As you know, we are shifting our company culture and addressing many of the items listed in this review. If you have anything... More

"Global company, US market oriented"

Former Employee - Sales in Florence (Italy)
    Former Employee - Sales in Florence (Italy)

I worked at Cree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have enjoyed my time with CREE as I believe you learn from every single professional experience. CREE is an ambitious company and a strong one. Cash flow management is very strong.

Cons

CREE is very US oriented company even though the business ambitions are worldwide. The strategy and action plan was very weak during my time at CREE and delivery and technical issues were the main issues impacting daily on the business. This creates a lot of confusion and demotivate the whole CREE team. Turnover was increasing during my time at CREE.

Advice to Management

To get a clear vision of the global strategy, middle and top management needs to be more proactive.