Creighton University - Great place to work, if I was planning to retire in the next decade | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Creighton University

"Great place to work, if I was planning to retire in the next decade"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

Great people work here; I felt like part of the family everyday when I got to work.
I loved my manager and senior management; they are great people.
Benefits were great: I got a masters degree essentially for free; paid time off and holidays are fantastic.
Flexibility in work hours for many positions.

Cons

Average employee age is approximately 50-55. Ideas from those under the age of 40 are ignored; I was told that I was "too young" several times when presenting ideas. Good 'ol boys club is alive and well here.
Afraid of change.
Salaries are well-below average; benefits are suppose to make up for low pay. (I make $10,000 more now after a lateral move).
There is no potential for promotion or advancement for 99% of positions.
Decisions from management take 3-6+ months.

Advice to Management

Listen to new employees' ideas. Don't be afraid of change or youth. There are better ways of doing something; never think you are the best...someone is always better.

Other Employee Reviews for Creighton University

1. "Love it -- Best job I've had"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

Caring atmosphere that feels like a family. May be the Jesuit influence as it's a kinder/gentler place to work. Thanks CU!!!

Cons

Working out of a budget crunch (signs of the time), but they are getting back on track. Wish benefit package a bit stronger, but so fortunate to have what I've got in these hard times.

Advice to Management

I've got great management -- provides feedback, constructive critisim, provides leadership, and fosters my growth. Couldn't ask for more. Thanks CU!!!

2. "Its like family"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

It is a fun place to work. I was only an intern while I was a student so my experiences may differ compared to a full time employee.

Cons

As an intern, you were responsible for all the grunt work.

Advice to Management

In the athletic department, it is easy to communicate with management. They are always open for ideas.