Crescent Point Energy - Young company, has plenty of fun, generally good people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Crescent Point Energy

"Young company, has plenty of fun, generally good people."

Former Contractor - Accounting in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Former Contractor - Accounting in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Crescent Point Energy as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent compensation, young dynamic works force that works hard, and plays hard, relatively little red tape. Free breakfast every morning, decent gym and general attitude of promoting health and fitness. Friday afternoon's off in the summer.

Cons

Odd hiring practices, no removal of ineffective employees, concerns brought to management are agreed with, acknowledged and nothing gets done.

Advice to Management

Don't stagnate, don't allow creep of red tape, review hiring more carefully for fit and skill. Some people are hired due to their buddy buddy personality, others have zero social skills and it makes for an odd mix. Yes, there is a glass ceiling and men make more than women with similar qualifications and experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Crescent Point Energy

1. "A great place to work. company"

Current Employee - Operator
    Current Employee - Operator

Pros

Ther e are no quibles about overtime, The bonus system is good. At this point it apears that hard wook is reconized and rewarded. In the compensation package time spent in the industry was taken into consideration. The fact that employees are able to buy into projects like shelter Bay is a definent bonus.

Cons

Compared to other companys in the area ther are no downsides, except the base salary in lower than husky or cnrl. The main complainent is the time it taken to get projects aproved at the calgary level. Money saving nobrainer idea can take a year to get off the ground. It does pay to be prudent, but there has to be a way to fasttrack some projects.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

"Intern Program"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Crescent Point Energy (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, young company who encourage the work-hard play hard mentality. The staff is very close and open and there are awesome opportunities to get to know co-workers and learn about the industry.

Cons

As a support staff intern I felt there was not much for me to do - there was a little bit of a separation opportunity wise for more industry specific interns and the support staff ones. Sometimes I felt that there was nothing for me to do and that I was constantly pestering my manager for more work.

Advice to Management

I would like to see a more structured intern program that encouraged growth and exploration for all the interns - not just the engineers.