Crestron Electronics - Only the best, brightest, & most productive need apply. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Crestron Electronics

"Only the best, brightest, & most productive need apply."

Former Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Rockleigh, NJ
Former Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Rockleigh, NJ

Pros

Crestron will challenge you to do your best work at all times, and will provide you with every resource you need (except time!). It's a terrific place to work and the management is whip smart and top notch. You are expected to perform at a very high level all the time - there is no room for slackers here. They have collected many of the brightest, most creative people I've ever worked with. The pace is breakneck. If you like working with the hottest technologies on the coolest project, and don't mind long hours, Crestron will not only reward you creatively, but financially as well. George Feldstein is the smartest engineer I have ever met, absolutely brilliant, and he never sleeps. Really - he is a force of nature, and he expects everyone around him to be as driven as he is. There will be no limits on what you can invent and create here, but be careful of burnout! The company is rock-solid financially - there are super smart people guiding the business. Privately held, they make investments based on what's good for the company in five years and ten years, not just next quarter. On the whole, they take very good care of their employees and Crestron is a great place to work. If it wasn't for the high cost of living in NJ, I'd still be there.

Cons

Constant pressure to perform against tight deadlines in a very competitive marketplace. Relentless pace.

Advice to Management

Celebrate the victories! So many awards won by Crestron yet so little recognition for the guys back in the cubicle that put in the extra hours. The annual engineering luncheon and holiday parties are great! Let the employees play w/ Crestron products - the engineers need more practical experience installing and using Crestron products in the real world.

Other Employee Reviews for Crestron Electronics

1. "Crestron has been good to me"

Current Employee - R&D Engineer in Rockleigh, NJ
    Current Employee - R&D Engineer in Rockleigh, NJ

Pros

There is a great team spirit and passion to create new products. Most people enjoy coming to work every day. They allow you to rise in job responsibility as you show competence. You get to use your brain and feel busy everyday, never boring always working on the next cutting edge technology.

Cons

You are expected to be responsible for yourself and your work. You are expected to reach your full potential and except responsibility for mistakes. This is ok with me but I have seen people who want to just show up and leave with no passion about their work, they do not fit in.
    Most coworkers are great but like anywhere you have a few complainers you need to ignore so you can get on with your work, again they usually stay a short time and move on to next several jobs.

Advice to Management

Mostly I can talk to my manager whenever I have an issue and we resolve it. I suggest that to some coworkers who complain and some do and some do not. I can go to HR if i need but have not needed. continue to setup training sessions and find better tracking software.

2. "Crestron is great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockleigh, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockleigh, NJ

Pros

Always busy days go by quickly. The company strives to be an employer of choice. Training is conducted regularly. Benefits are good. Leadership is focused. They strive for excellence and challenge their employees to succed. Opportunities are endless!!!

Cons

Competitors are becoming aware that Crestron has good employees. Their is alot of work and not enough time in the day. Crestron should allow more employees to work from home if they can.

Advice to Management

My hope is that Crestron continues on the path that they are on. While everyone is downsizing Crestron continues to grow. Crestron is and will continue to be a leader in the industry.