Critical Control Solutions - Extremely stressful place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Critical Control Solutions

"Extremely stressful place to work."

Pros

Very casual relaxed environment with a lot of nice people who are helpful. It's a very welcoming environment.

Cons

Extremely overworked staff. They have you working long hours with little additional compensation. No opportunities for further growth available.

Other Employee Reviews for Critical Control Solutions

1. "I have a Career, not a Job"

I have been working at Critical Control Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked many places in several industries and this is the first company I have found will actually take the time to help you progress the way you are looking to. Is it perfect - no - however no place is. CCES meets my specific needs in terms of management style (my managers do not mico-managers), hours, pay and support. I have fun at work, and after having so many jobs it is finally nice to have found a place I can actually progress and develop and consider it a career. They even initiated sending me on a course to develop some skills missing from my toolkit. Often managers are working many hours longer than their teams, and the ones I work with will be the first to pitch in when help is needed. I also find - for the most part - that the communication is done well. You may have to ask the questions and unless it is confidential they will answer as best they can.

Cons

To progress you need to be vocal about it, you can't assume management will figure it out. Sometimes the hours are long, however if you come in a little late once in a while, or have to leave early for an appointment they are pretty good about it. Being in Oil and Gas everyone has a heavy workload which is not ideal, but I can understand given the economy. Sometimes the deadlines provided though are unrealistic which I have found is a lack of knowledge and understanding about the process. There is typically a willingness to learn though (if there is time)

Advice to Management

Progress Reviews need to be put back in place - even if due to the economy there are no raises. Having a performance review will make us feel like some time was taken to think about us. Try not to make assumptions about deadlines without consulting first with team leads about workload.

2. "The worst ever company to work at"

Current Employee - Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Critical Control Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some people are nice, NOT management - those smile at you but WILL stab you in the back.

Cons

Plenty of cons!!! You work as a slave with NO overtime pay or acknowledgement. And you are told it's okay, cuz you are salaried employee. Read the labour standards people! I wish economy wasn't so bad now and I find a job elsewhere. Do yourself a favour don't come to work here, unless you like feeling like a slave that is.
    They treat you like dirt, no salary increases, no annual bonuses. By taking vacation at the time they don't like, you are frown upon. Salary is miserable for the amount of work they gave you. The absolute worst place I worked in, I will leave as soon as I find something else... for now just a warning to all - do not work for this company ever!

Advice to Management

Go read labour standards people and educate your managers.