Cross Country Travcorps - tooublesome | Glassdoor

"tooublesome"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Cross Country Travcorps as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

housing staff and payroll staff very easy to work with

Cons

money not very good way to many forms to fill out ,alot of times the same ones over and over, only pay max of 300.00 travel one way

Advice to Management

be more intune with needs of travlers

Other Employee Reviews for Cross Country Travcorps

1. "Awesome support thorough the entire process."

Former Contractor - RN ICI in Varieši (Latvia)
    Former Contractor - RN ICI in Varieši (Latvia)

I worked at Cross Country Travcorps as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

Experience varies depending on who you are working with. Check out recent industry publications and try someone different if there is a problem.
    Housing was good to great. Keep them informed of how your housing looks - apartment managers listen to housing coordinator and fix things.
    Lots of job opportunities, conservative with the 'extras' other companies provide - but in 9 continuous years I was never questioned by IRS. Even on assignments (stayed too long in some places) where benefits were taxed, the impact was minimal.
    Awesome lifestyle, take a family member, and they help with larger housing.
    I'm planning on going again soon! If most of your application is still on file, a quick update and off you go.

Cons

The initial application can be long, keep in mind it's worth it. Also, the long list of tests and background checks work for you in the long run. Pay could be better for more experienced nurses. There is a point where a staff job pays better.
    With an open mind, and realism that work ANYWHERE is not perfect, cons are minimized. Also, open communication keeps most from getting too big to handle.
    I had a toxic situation on assignment 1 time. An email to MY person sorted it all out - and the ICU manager asked me to extend the contract. Even on weekends, someone is on call and just a phone call away.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. To repeat what is here elsewhere, don't get so big you lose the highly personal touch. My value to you has been immensely more evident to me than my value to hospital management in a permanent position. Kudos !!

2. "fun exciting and rewarding"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

free housing or housing subsidy

Cons

no paid vaction or holidays