Cross Country Travcorps - Good job offerings, recruiter doesn't tell you all about the bonus | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cross Country Travcorps

"Good job offerings, recruiter doesn't tell you all about the bonus"

Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Cross Country Travcorps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good opportunity to travel and have a secure job, mostly health care. Housing is secure and clean, recruiters call back and fix any problems right away. Phone support available 24 hours a day.

Cons

I was not informed about a sign on bonus ever, I learned from another traveler and it was "too late" when I asked about it. Pay is not that good, they roll housing deduction into pay so your weekly check is smaller than you would think. Things can be confusing to a first timer.

Other Employee Reviews for Cross Country Travcorps

"overall great experience"

Current Contractor - Surgical Technologist in Pasadena, CA
    Current Contractor - Surgical Technologist in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Cross Country Travcorps as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

i had a great experience during the 3 plus years that i traveled. the staff was great as well, my recruiter was absolutely fabulous at listening to my requests and given me the assignments that i wanted.

Cons

pay is not really straightforward like it is with other travel companies. in your weekly pay, food allowance is included (?). this creates confusion because when you are hired believing that you are being paid 30 (ex.) an hour, it really may be 25 hourly. so in fact, you are paid less. and taxed on both salary and food stipend.

"Cross Country is a high stress company that genuinely cares about their employees."

Former Employee - Placement Consultant Associate in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Placement Consultant Associate in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cross Country Travcorps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cross Country has many convenient services that they bring into the company to facilitate a busy working mother's lifestyle. You can genuinely feel that the company cares about their employees and will do what they can to help them. This means helping if you need additional training, working around disruptive family schedules and helping grow your role within the company if you show true initiative. It is a very casual company to work for and you grow into the Cross Country family atmosphere over time.

Cons

The recruitment field is VERY stressful. Clients expect everything to be done yesterday for them so it can get extremely overwhelming to keep up with all the work. The company demands a very critical eye for detail. There is great room for error when you first begin with the company which can result in the loss of clients. Morale can get low due to the fluctuations of business and the pressure from management.

Advice to Management

Improve the use of technology for our clients. The recruitment process can be improved upon dramatically with a well-structured online documentation process for the clients to access and manage directly. We need to get ahead of the competition in this respect.