CrossCountry Consulting - Best People. Best Leadership. Best Company. | Glassdoor

"Best People. Best Leadership. Best Company."

Current Employee - Associate Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time

Pros

I've worked at CrossCountry since nearly the beginning and it has been great to see the tremendous growth over the years. I feel that alot of companies that experience similar growth will lose part of their identity or the culture starts to change - not so with CrossCountry. Whether we have 20 people or 200, it always feels like family. Our quarterly all hands meetings feel more like a family reunion as opposed to a meeting. The energy is always great and the leadership team is extremely engaged with the whole company. I always leave these quarterly meetings feeling really energized about the company. As with any consulting company - whether it be big 4 (I have worked at big 4) or a small consulting company - you will get your mix of projects and clients. The part about CrossCountry that makes things different is the people. On every project, I knew I was surrounded by an extremely talented group of people that would not only deliver top-notch client service, but would go above and beyond for their team mates. I have the utmost confidence in our leadership team. They are the friendliest, most down to earth people and will go out of their way for anyone in the company. I remember an example where I was working late on a project and there was a knock on my cube wall - I turned around and it was one of the founders of CrossCountry that stopped by to see how I was doing and if he could grab me some dinner. Not sure how many companies you will find where the owner will come check on you and offer to buy you dinner. They are also extremely talented - I know I have been able to learn alot from attending meetings and sales calls with them - and it has made me a better consultant. Aside from project work, CrossCountry continues to improve as a company - offering various social events, community service events, training opportunities, and they continue to improve their benefits (which are comparable to any you will find at a larger company). The best part about CrossCountry is that they just don't offer these things, but they want you to be a part of it. You have coaches and managers that are vested in your professional development - they want to see you be involved in the company and give back to the community. It has been great to see CrossCountry grow over the past 5 years, and I am even more excited about the growth that lies ahead.

Cons

So far - none. This is by far the best place I have worked.

Advice to Management

The leadership team is one of the big draws of the company - make sure you continue to be engaged with all employees

CrossCountry Consulting2016-07-12
  1. "Best Company to work for"

Current Contractor - Senior Consultant

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting

Pros

The company cares about you as an employee

Cons

Can not always choose the client

CrossCountry Consulting2020-01-07
  2. "Don't believe the 5 stars"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) Great work life balance and flexibility - It's a nice break if you come from a big four background, the work isn't difficult and you will typically get out of work early.

Cons

1) Leadership - I found local leadership to be very weak, they don't inspire, lead or appear to have a clear strategy. Indecisiveness is rampant and there is a clear lack of transparency between leaders and staff. 2) Professional Development - They don't actually care about your professional development, at the end of the day all they only care about is utilization. So don't be surprised if you end up working in service lines outside those you were promised and on work that doesn't inspire you. 3) Compensation - If you join the company from overseas be aware that you will be significantly underpaid compared to market. It's known that big four offer a better total comp package.

Advice to Management

The leadership team in the SF office needs to change. Weak leadership is contagious and the morale in the office when I was there was incredibly low. Every senior consultant I spoke with was actively looking for new employment.

CrossCountry Consulting2020-01-24

Discover more reviews about CrossCountry Consulting.