CrossCountry Consulting - Decent Place | Glassdoor
  1. "Decent Place"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting for less than a year

Pros

CrossCountry is great. Nice people, inclusive culture. They pay better than competitors.

Cons

The work isn't that exciting. The only jobs they have are accounting work for Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae or other back office stuff. The only interesting work is the work they do for Big 4. They are effectively a body shop for the Big 4 when they are understaffed on projects and need people in busy seasons.

CrossCountry Consulting2016-09-29
  1. "Best Company to work for"

Current Contractor - Senior Consultant

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting

Pros

The company cares about you as an employee

Cons

Can not always choose the client

CrossCountry Consulting2020-01-07
  2. "Don't believe the 5 stars"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) Great work life balance and flexibility - It's a nice break if you come from a big four background, the work isn't difficult and you will typically get out of work early.

Cons

1) Leadership - I found local leadership to be very weak, they don't inspire, lead or appear to have a clear strategy. Indecisiveness is rampant and there is a clear lack of transparency between leaders and staff. 2) Professional Development - They don't actually care about your professional development, at the end of the day all they only care about is utilization. So don't be surprised if you end up working in service lines outside those you were promised and on work that doesn't inspire you. 3) Compensation - If you join the company from overseas be aware that you will be significantly underpaid compared to market. It's known that big four offer a better total comp package.

Advice to Management

The leadership team in the SF office needs to change. Weak leadership is contagious and the morale in the office when I was there was incredibly low. Every senior consultant I spoke with was actively looking for new employment.

CrossCountry Consulting2020-01-24

Discover more reviews about CrossCountry Consulting.