Crossroads Hospice - I have worked for Crossroads for 13 years and am still amazed at this unique company that really values the staff | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Crossroads Hospice

"I have worked for Crossroads for 13 years and am still amazed at this unique company that really values the staff"

Current Employee - RN With 35 Years Experience in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - RN With 35 Years Experience in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Their philosophy on hospice is very unique and puts the patient first- always. Benefits are EXCELLENT! Where else can you work where the company pays 100% of the employee's benefits- unheard of. In addition, they are extremely generous in allowing us to do programs that benefit the patients, and very innovative in always coming up with more things we can do for our patient's that there is no reimbursement for. Focus is always on providing the best care possible!! Excellent staff, great support from management and very involved owners. Love, love, love this company.

Cons

paperwork- but that is true no matter where you work as a nurse

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing- you have an excellent company and your employee's love you!

Other Employee Reviews for Crossroads Hospice

"Caring People Committed to Patient Care"

Current Employee - Staff in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Staff in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people who are sincerely committed to providing the best care to dying patients and their families. Pay for 100% of health insurance for the employee (you do have to pay to add spouses and children).

Cons

Working in hospice can be stressful, but the focus is always providing the support that families need. Staff don't always get a full explanation of why policies change.

Advice to Management

Take the time to slow down and explain why decisions are made to help employees understand the goals and get on board.

"Meh. It's ok; unsure if I would recommend. They do have excellent patient care."

Current Employee - Social Worker in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Social Worker in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a strong commitment to their mission; however, various sites operate according to how the executive director and clinical director operate. If you work for a site that has a bad CD, watch out! Company good as a whole, management can micro-manage because they are so focused on pleasing corporate.

Cons

Exceedingly high turnover, very poor health insurance benefits that are not good and are very expensive. The owner is very cocky; instead of listening to employees when he visits, he will say really cocky comments like "let me show you why you're wrong". No room for advancement, which isn't a problem of the company, but really of the way hospice is structured. Company says they value social workers but demonstrate the opposite.

Advice to Management

Seek out advice from employees, don't just make policies then tell us months later...and act like it's a secret. Please offer reimbursement for CEU training; we social workers miss out on a lot of excellent training opportunities because there is no funding available for training.